Pages

14.10.11

Tulisa - The Female Boss

      images from Getty

Tulisa was completely off my radar until I demanded to know who had 'replaced' my beloved Cheryl Cole on X Factor. I am fascinated by her big Disney princess eyes but a little confused by the choices made by her stylist. She looks great, don't get me wrong, just thought her style should reflect her vivid personality. This lady is is as real as it gets and an element of Urban Street Chic would bring an added dimension to her style, but alas, the public want polished perfection and something they can aspire to. It reminds me of an episode of Sex And The City where Samantha's actor boyfriend, Smith Jerrod, is about to appear on MTV. After trying on endless suits by Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, YSL etc he opts for his own jeans and vest top in a bid to 'keep it real', at which Samantha, handing him a pair of Dior sunglasses, says "It's MTV, if you're not wearing something the kids can't afford how will they know to look up to you?". Well, I see her point, and Tulisa's stylist has a job to do. Its not just about dressing the part, its about being the brand.