Pages

3.5.12

Treasure Island Treats

I foolishly thought I could quickly 'pop-in' to the River Island AW Press Day this morning before work, there was so much to see I resigned myself to the fact that I'd be running late. River Island's design team powerhouse has the luxury (of both time and budget) to afford dipping more than just a toe into at least 10 hot trends for AW 12/13, the unifying factor being all the heavy embellishment. The showroom was literally dripping with bling from Tom Binns-esque neon and diamanté jewels and brooches to McQueen inspired greedily decorated baroque clutches and shoes. The highlights for me were a pair of bitchy black fierce ankle boots, a dangerous looking origami fronted metallic clutch and the sweetest sweater with a naughty looking kitten on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment