Pages

22.6.12

Raw Fairies 'Mini B Cleanse': Day 5


My schedule was a bit off this morning as I woke up really late. Today I was back on the full menu. The pre breakfast 'Lemonade' followed by the 'Green Smoothie with Chlorella and Spirulina' which I have grown to love and will miss, the ingredients are on the Raw Fairies website so I can recreate this tasty and filling breakfast. I decided to take my boyfriend out to our favourite brunch destination, Kentish Canteen, as there wasn't much in the fridge. He ate a steaming bowl of pea and basil soup with goats cheese crouton whilst I enjoyed a lovely pot of mint tea. I didn't feel odd being in a restaurant not eating, it was a busy lunchtime service with tasty looking dishes around me but I wasn't phased, not like me!

When I got back I drank my mid morning juice, although by now it was nearing mid afternoon and I accidentally drank the 'Carrot, Orange and Ginger Juice' instead of the 'Green Juice'. Late lunch was 'Salad of Red Cabbage, Fennel, Beetroot with Pecans and Pomegranate with Nut Mayo' which reminded me of festive cooked red cabbage with raisins as the pomegranate was so sweet. I skipped the 'Green Juice' as it was getting late in the day and went straight to dinner, 'Courgette Pasta with Walnut Bolognese Sauce' with 'Herb Salad with Capers, Pine Nuts and Balsamic Dressing'. I was impressed by how the courgette had been sliced into thin strands that looked like spaghetti, the bolognese packed a punch with plenty of sun dried tomato, red onion and dried herbs. I loved the salad as by now I was craving strong and salty flavours and this had capers, balsamic and Himalayan pink salt. It was a MASSIVE portion and I only got half way through, my boyfriend polished off the rest.

So, that's the end! I feel a huge sense of achievement and am proud that I didn't cheat or stray. Sounds corny but it literally has been life changing.  I've lost about 5lbs and my skin looks great, I look a bit younger and more attractive too! I feel energetic, enthusiastic and proactive, I started the week sitting around the house planning what to do, by the end of the week I was thinking less and doing more, instead of dwelling on things I just got up and did them. I won't be switching to raw full time but will incorporate it into my daily diet. I've learned a lot about myself this week and have picked up good habits that will last a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment